Jo is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and prior to qualifying spent ten years in hotel and restaurant management. After qualifying she spent seven years as group accountant for a number of aviation companies with a turnover of £20m.
She has over 25 years of commercial experience and since setting up JML has worked across a broad spectrum of industries including aviation, property development, investment banking, retail, manufacturing, civil engineering, security services and IT.
Her commercial awareness and management accounting background enable her to review company performance and identify failing areas within a business. She works closely with management teams to put practical changes into place in order to directly improve profits.
Current roles and recent projects undertaken include:
- Financial controller services for a private equity firm
- FD and management accounting services for a security and cleaning company circa £6m turnover
- Payroll services for up to 350 employees
- FSA reporting function for regulated companies
- Year end accounts and tax returns for small limited companies
- Year end accounts and self assessment tax returns for sole traders and partnerships
- Preparation of LLP accountsCompany secretarial services
- Acting as subcontractor to provide accounting services to local accountancy practices